Our organization is dedicated to the maintenance of compliance rules and procedures in our advisor certification, monitoring, and re-certification processes.
Ethical and Professional Conduct
The CSLP Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct are fundamental to the values of the CSLP designation is essential to achieving its mission to help student loan borrowers and financial professionals become fully informed about strategies, risks, and rewards associated with the variety of student loan repayment options. Since the creation of the CSLP, the Code of Standards have promoted the integrity of the CLSP designation and served as a model for measuring the ethics of financial professionals providing student loan repayment advice.
All CSLP candidates and designees must abide by the Code of Standards. Violations may result in sanction by the Board. Sanctions may include revocation of candidacy or of the right to use the CSLP designation
Empower your professional advising service with the power of the CSLP designation
All CSLP® Designees Agree to Adhere to the Following:
- Act with integrity, competence, and care.
- Treat clients and others with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
- Avoid false or misleading statements to clients and others.
- Act in the best interests of your clients
- Do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or service in the uniformed services.
Standards of Professional Conduct
Take care to identify when a client may benefit from legal counsel. Avoid the unauthorized practice of law. Refer clients to competent providers of legal services as indicated.
Avoid accepting any money, benefit, or other consideration from those with interests potentially adverse to your client.
Communicate to your client any limits to the scope of your services. Describe the services that you will and will not provide.
Looking for an Expert Financial Consultant?
Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna magnis dis parturient